The Chang Jung Christian University carries out research activities within the framework of the research topics of the various colleges and their research teams. The university also formulated university-wide research directions. These directions are multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary opportunities that can connect each other and enhance the potential of various departments.
According to the statistics from EduRank, the publication count of Computer Science is 322.(up to 2021/8)
The world rank is 1756 refer to computer science in citations. (up to 2021/8)
CSIE in CJCU is a very young and promising department that was established in 2005. Although there are not many professors, in addition to conducting exquisite research in the information field, they also conduct cross-disciplinary research in the university.
The rich research expertise of each faculty member is given in follows:
- Professor Yung Gi Wu (Ph. D.) -- Evolutionary Computation, Image Processing, Video processing, Interactive & mobile Data Analysis, Data Compression, Intelligence system.
- Associate Professor Su Ling Lee (Ph. D.) – Pattern Recognition, Digital Signal Processing, Image Processing.
- Associate Professor Chih Hsien Kung (Ph. D.)—Image Processing, Multimedia Technology, VLSI Design, AI, Robot, Electricity Monitoring, Aviation, UAV System Design.
- Assistant Professor Pei Ching Yang (Ph. D.)—AI, Mobile Healthcare, Project Management.
- Assistant Professor Kun Yi Huang (Ph. D.)—AI, Speech Recognition, Affective Computing, Nature Language Processing.
- Lecture Nan Lien Wu—Object-Oriented Programming, Internet Technology, Programming Language.
You can refer to the link of the Faculty-CJCU Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering and click the e-portfolio bottom to check each faculty member’s publication in detail.
The research projects hosted by the faculty number in the past three years include
- Humanities society and science and technology forward-looking talent cultivation project.
- Artificial intelligence industry application talent cultivation and employment project.
- Smart Healthcare in the elderly project.
- Emotion detection project.
- Artificial intelligence and data analysis industry application talent training project.
- IoT-based interactive system project.
- Pattern recognition by deep learning.
- UAV group flight command system.
- Art therapy by science & technology.