Alien Resident Certificate (Foreign Student)
12/10/2019 12:46:00 PM

By law, persons who enter the R.O.C. with a resident visa must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) within 15 days of arrival to  Taiwan.  If you are living on the CJCU campus or elsewhere in the Tainan metropolitan area, you should apply at any one of two Immigration  Agency Service Centers in Tainan.

When you apply for the ARC, you should prepare the following documents:
1. Application Form
2. Passport, photocopy of passport and visa
3. Student ID or school enrollment certificate (original and one copy)
4. 1 photograph(2”) with white background

The ARC processing fee is NT$1000 for a one-year term. For students, the ARC is generally renewed on a one-year basis and is renewable as long as full-time enrollment continues. ARC holders are required by law to carry the ARC with them at all times. If the ARC is lost or damaged, there is a NT$500 replacement fee.